Thursday, July 7, 2011

Eggplant Parmesan and Breaded Zucchini

We are finally enjoying the fruits (er vegetables) of our labor. :) Started a garden about 2 months ago and have been watering and fertilizing it with this recipe in mind as we watched our little cloud nine white eggplant and zucchini squash grow.

I love eggplant, but I really love it cooked this way. Not only did we have eggplant but we also had zucchini prepared the same way (minus the sauce and cheese) and since all my veggies came from our garden it just made the meal all the better. Probably one of the most delicious meals I've had in the past few months.

I used a very simple recipe so no need for measuring or pulling out a cookbook.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

I used a whole small eggplant and half a zucchini for 2 people.


Sliced the zucchini about 1/4" and peeled the eggplant and sliced to about 1/3-1/2"


Used 2 eggs and about 3/4 cup italian panko bread crumbs for the breading. (Had a bit leftover so I'm sure these amounts can be reduced) If the veggies are too moist put them in some flour before egg to help it stick.

After breading all the veggies, I placed them on a sheet pan in the oven at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Then added a small spoonful of spaghetti sauce (I used jarred sauce but any homemade or jar sauce will work) and a little slice of whole milk or buffalo mozzarella and baked for another 10 minutes.

It was so crispy and flavorful, I paired this dinner with a little bit of pasta and some delicious caprese salad (see other recipes). Voila! Minimum effort and maximum flavor.













.

1 comment:

  1. What a great simple recipe Amber! Yum!!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete