1 package roasted garlic and olive oil couscous (such as Near East)
1 cup diced zucchini (1 medium)
1/2 cup chopped onion (1/2 small)
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 large tomatoes
4 tsp grated fresh parmesan
also calls for 1/4 cup fresh basil, but we left this out
instead we added about 1/4 cup diced carrots for some extra veggies
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare couscous mix according to package direction, omitting fat (oil or butter)
- While couscous stands, heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add zucchini, onion and carrots (if desired) and saute 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and stir in basil (if used), 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir 3/4 cup couscous into zucchini mixture; reserve remaining couscous for another use.
Cut tomatoes in half crosswise; remove and discard pulp and seeds. Place tomato halves in an 8-inch square dish and sprinkle evenly with remaining salt.
- Spoon zucchini mixture evenly into tomato halves. Sprinkle each stuffed tomato half with 1 tsp of grated parmesan.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and filling is thoroughly heated.
Serving size is 1 stuffed half tomato. 4 servings total.
Fat 1.4g ( saturated fat 0.4)